Hang-OutCalendarHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Banlist Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
avatar

Achievement Points : 50
Posts : 3724
Reputation : 4776
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Banlist Predictions   Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:24 am

First topic message reminder :

It's one of these times of the year again. Yes for all yugioh players there is a period similar to reverse thanksgiving, every six months, where most of them go out of their ways to bitch about everything that seems at least slightly wrong, not neccessarily limited to yugioh, sometimes about life in general. That is the banlist period.

I hope that I don't have to bring back last banlist's prediction for the people that decide to go crazy or show how horribly butthurt they are from the format in public again, it has been happening on enough blogs already actually...

So while at it I'll put out some serious ones.

Let's start from the basics. Banlist is made for the OCG, if there is an issue in the TCG it gets a slap on the wrist save from emergency situations of major screw ups, but at this point of the game the only way to get a real major screw up deserving a fix for the TCG is if there was a TCG exclusive spell card that said "You win the game". The reason for that is how far all decks have advanced by now and the relative power of the game, a deck can pull ahead but not that far.

Now let's say another basic. Konami likes money. They wouldn't be running a business if they weren't in for the profit. So ORCS will probably not be hit and even if it is it will be a slap on the wrist so it will still be selling.

Last basic is that you hit what is actually good. Not what you think is good. Not what you think people think is good. Not what you once heard from a homeless person that looked like a fortune teller, is good. What is actually good with actual consistent tournament results to back it up. So before you say Lavalval Chain banned, go pay shriek a visit. Same with fusion heroes, I was laughing my ass off at people who were saying gate heroes are a top tier OCG deck and was going to rape in the TCG, because they were wrong, ignorant and horribly wrong. They were also wrong.

Now by analyzing the OCG results we get
Inzektor finishing in first place
Agent and Rabbit variants in second, while it should be noted agents, and to be precise T.G. Agent Angel, dominated the better part of the format.
Then we have Hero beat variants, just a bit away from the above 2 by my estimate.
Then we have less frequent appearences from karakuri, dark world (at the start of the format they would both appear more often however), ninja jurrac, laval, wind-ups, dragunity and then there also were at less frequency than even those decks like plant synchro, junk doppel, chaos, twillight, zombie etc. but not a real issue. I may or may not be forgetting other basic ones.

And on this side we have as TCG exclusive the tour tengu synchro, tour and tengu as problem cards, rabbit boosted by the exclusives as well as dark world, and wind-ups boosted by at least 4 tcg exclusives, but they are here just 1 month before the banlist spoilers come out so they'll get away with their TCG success.

Inzektors will not be getting hit hard in their main lineup, they may however lose non-archetypal support. If they do get hit in their main lineup, I predict it will be hornets to appease the people while leaving inzektors practically intact since all you do is add a number of armageddon knights/mystic tomatoes/etc. equal to the number of Hornets you lost and you have the exact same deck except from late game but that's pointless.

Agents have sticked around for a while and have outlived their profit, so that could be the time to get some hits, perhaps it could be Hyperion and Earth to 2 or either one of them to 1.

As for rabbit, I'll take a wild, wild guess and say, perhaps Laggia to 1? There are many variants still fresh and in the TCG rabbits make houses out of the money they've taken and are still good business. With Laggia at 1 you can still play yugioh, especially in the TCG where you can just bring Laggia once and use Dolkka for more control (or even that 1 mained tour bus to make sure your leviair brings you laggia again), while in the OCG they can always use Emeral. Another possible option could be rabbit to 2. When it comes to the TCG, tour into sangan can get you rabbit, while part of the OCG has already shifted over to hybrids to have consistency without rabbit being a neccessity to win (in fact there are hybrid ninja jurrac builds already topping with 2 rabbits). And of course there is always Gold Sarcophagus. What Rabbit at 2 mostly means is much less chances for first turn rabbit, which should be hitting versions of the deck, especially the TCG straightforward ones, and is actually more healthy for the game. On the other hand, rabbit at 1 would kill the vast majority of competitive rabbit decks so I can't really see it. But who knows.

Gemini beat is old, too old, and is now seeing a lot of play. Perhaps the gemini beat parts will be hit to make way for the hero support that keeps coming out. Or it will be left again untouched, it's an anti-meta deck really so if it's successful it's only because it has good matchups in the top tier, which not entirelly relevant to the deck itself but the format in general.

Moving right along away from the top 3+1, I predict Wind-Ups won't be getting hit. First of all they have been in the OCG but not as much as Agents and Rabbit, and of course not as much as Inzektors. Secondly, the loop is all they have going for them, if they bring rat or zenmaighty at 1, as I hear lately, the deck is dead competitivelly, end of story. Yes, you can say you can play wind-ups competitivelly with 1 rat, but you can't, so don't say it. If I had to describe why they are so low in the competitive play of the OCG though, it would be because they get killed by whatever people have put in their main or side to battle inzektors, they had the bad luck to be released alongside inzektors, be second to them and subsequently be trampled over because of them. Of course they got all the support Kevin could think of in the TCG so it won't be the same story here. With 4 TCG exclusives backing them up we could be seeing the new sabers, impervious to banlists.

Ninjas have been in jurrac hybrids but they will be left untouched, they are new and they are not that competitive. Karakuri is old enough to get hit however, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them lose a synchro or two to the semi-limited/limited list. Or perhaps a ninishi, or a merchant, or whatever makes them tick, can't tell. Dark Worlds started strong at the end of last format, kept some momentum for the start of this, but now are falling on their faces. That being said they could receive a kind slap on the wrist I will be explaining below. Laval is again used because of a new card mostly, and is an interesting deck. People cry for rekindling to be hit, but it won't be easy. They could however do a rekindling to 2 finally, if nothing else to appease the raging masses of card game players. I feel dragunity will be affected by the other changes in the banlist instead, like they always have been.

Will they hit the chaos, plant and zombie variants? Kinda unlikely, again it seems like it will be a slap on the wrist.

Now I know you have seen me say a lot about slaps on the wrist and not something get really hurt in this banlist. The reason for that is because the top deck in the OCG is a new deck, it's hard to hit which means it will continue strong so to have a balanced format other decks must continue strong as well.

Of course now we have another part of the list, the non-archtype cards.
One prediction I have here is Card Destruction. It could be the hit people ask to be given to Dark Worlds and it is of course one of the strong spell cards of the game, useful in more than one decks, albeit not top tier apart from dark world, of course. It may be the time for Card Destruction to join the other power spell cards that keep bouncing in and out of the banlist for this format.

A kind of wild prediction again is Dark Armed Dragon. That is for some reasons. One, it could serve as the slap to Inzektors' wrists as the non-archtype support they will be hitting. Dark Armed Dragon and Inzektors go together so it will be a hit to an additional power card they have. Additionally Dark Armed Dragon is indeed a power card, so it wouldn't be weird to see him as well start hopping in and out of the banlist starting this format. There is one additional reason for this though.

If the above occurs, Sangan and Witch of the Black Forest. If they try to do something for the TCG directly while adding a bit for variety we could be seeing those 2 switch places. Witch of the Black Forest has been out of the game for a while now, and we know it does not have the power that got it banned anymore in the current game. The biggest issue, in my opinion, with the card is that it can search Dark Armed Dragon, while being DARK itself, but with DAD banned that issue could be taken care of. Additionally, Tour Bus has been released as an alternative buddy for Tour Guide, so perhaps they will decide to have 1 "Sangan" in the format, instead of having 4. Yes, I am aware WotBF can also search Norleas, the monarchs, Beast King Barbaros and Dark Simorgh (AND TYLER THE GREAT WARRIOR!), but it doesn't seem it would unbalance the format that much. Besides, the OCG already has Lavalval Chain if they are so desperate about getting a monster.

There is a good chance Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beggining will be once again banned, if for no other reason then because it's everywhere. Book of moon may be joining the semi-limited cards to help battle some of the top tier decks, while there is a chance Pot of Duality may be joining them. Not because it is harmful for the game, but because again it is overused, which again would suck since increasing consistency in many decks will be a bit harder, but 2 should be fine really, it's just the fact that when you auto-include 3 cards in your deck, it means you are potentially using less new cards, so konami doesn't like it. And I do wish fishborg will be back but it probably wont happen since they made fishborg number 2... damn them... We may also see foolish burial or allure of darkness in the random (not so much, non-archetypal inzektor support) stuff that hit the banned list. If we do, one of them of course, not both. If I had to predict a generally used extra deck monster to be hit by the banlist this time, it would be again a weird prediction, but I'd put Leviair in there.

Now, as to what you don't want to see change but you just don't know it yet.

1 is Solemn Warning. Solemn Warning is perhaps the only thing you can use to hit an inzektor combo in your regular trap lineup along with power cards like Solemn Judgment and Torrential Tribute. Then goes book of moon and then veiler in the mainly used cards. You will be loosing a good ally in the battle vs inzektors, and while it may not mean as much in the TCG, it is the top deck in the OCG. And speaking of Inzektors:

Royal Oppression. Inzektors dgaf about Royal Oppression, it will be a main Inzektor card if it is unbanned and to add strength to the dominating OCG deck is nothing less of weird for a banlist. Not to mention that if you are first turn laggia'd + oppression'd it's time to scoop. Six Sams used it, sabers used it, why shouldn't rabbit use it. Or Dark World for that matter, for us TCG'ers.

Other than that I expect something crazy to happen as always, but that's ok, it keeps things fun, either practically or by seeing people bitch about it and laugh. Since veiler will get a reprint in ORCS: SE I am fine for the format, at least I can survive. I did think of staying out before that, without maxx c or veilers available, but now it is possible once again to adapt.

And remember, don't say things that will let people see more about you than what you would allow.


Quote :
25 Jun 17, 02:12
J.J. Knight: Every homebrew, at least the good ones, are made by people who've played the game for a few years.

Quote :
marthbeatsfalco: nope, there are 5 distinct and significant angles

This is now the iconic statement sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
avatar

Achievement Points : 58
Posts : 1189
Reputation : 1435
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:16 pm

So are you, and you are still here




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
avatar

Achievement Points : 114
Posts : 5794
Reputation : 7206
Waifu :

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Oh noooess I'm sooo scaaaaaarreddd someone help meeee waaaahhh not.




Awaiting mid-month freedom.



Last edited by 99nour on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldduelingacademy.com
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
avatar

Achievement Points : 28
Posts : 1063
Reputation : 1397

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Princess of Darkness wrote:
limit: barbaros [ OP STUFF]

agreed.


Quote :
Quote :
Amethyst777 said:Things activate in reverse order. Thus, bottomless targets grannel before he hits the field, and thus before his effect activates (gaining attack). People told me DN was dumb. But jegus.

Quote :
Amethyst777 said: I just realized something. The problem with playing a children's card game: You're bound to encounter children, 90% of which are squalling moronic retards with arrogance issues.



^Words of a true close minded moronic ignorant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unforgiven Pretender
WDA Member
WDA Member
avatar

Achievement Points : 16
Posts : 395
Reputation : 493
Waifu : Unforgiven Pretender

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Limiting Barbaros is rediculous for the following reason:

1. There are many other cards that can be brought on the field easily with very much ATK power. (Gadjiltron dragon, malefics, not to even mention synchro's)
2. We were given a new card in ORCS to counter his effect: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Huge_Revolution_is_Over

Unless I'm missing something big here, limiting Barbaros would be so weird.



Yuna: aliens shud be banned..they are too good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
avatar

Achievement Points : 58
Posts : 1189
Reputation : 1435
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Im just saying, limiting barbaros is more real then limiting formula and t.g bcuz barbaros is too strong if u ask me




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
avatar

Achievement Points : 114
Posts : 5794
Reputation : 7206
Waifu :

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:56 pm

Wha? Barbaros just pokes -.- Go Trishula, banish THEN poke :P


Awaiting mid-month freedom.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldduelingacademy.com
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
avatar

Achievement Points : 6
Posts : 1379
Reputation : 1843
Waifu : Minako

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Unforgiven Pretender wrote:
Limiting Barbaros is rediculous for the following reason:

1. There are many other cards that can be brought on the field easily with very much ATK power. (Gadjiltron dragon, malefics, not to even mention synchro's)
2. We were given a new card in ORCS to counter his effect: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Huge_Revolution_is_Over

Unless I'm missing something big here, limiting Barbaros would be so weird.

UP, I was looking at that trap card and thinking...."what the f**k? How would that ever do anything against Barbaros...maybe he linked the wrong card. After a good 60-90 seconds of thought...it hit me. Barbaros has that 3 tribute trick that has never came into play in a serious duel. I had completely forgotten about it because it really doesn't matter. Trust me Up. Nobody gives a sh*t about that effect.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
avatar

Achievement Points : 60
Posts : 2501
Reputation : 3447
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:55 pm

How could you....all of you....ruin such a good article with such stupidity..?! Maxx "C" hit...barbaros...sangan banned? What has this academy come to? DO NONE OF YOU PEOPLE READ YOU ILLITERATE SHEEPLE YOU *head walls Great Wall of China*


Je t'aime comme un frère, Kimo. Je ne partirai jamais ton côté.

Quotes
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
avatar

Achievement Points : 9
Posts : 3063
Reputation : 3768
Waifu : Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 am

Princess of Darkness wrote:
ban: heavy; maxx C, BLS [ cuz fair], limit: barbaros [ OP STUFF] effect veiler [ annoyin gay card >: ] unlimited: summonr monk, coth cuz no1 runs 3, and let me think of other stuff >:O
Isn't that simply banning what you hate? Hey, everybody. Let's ban Inzektor Centibeet cause I think the Inzektor loop is gay.



EW: also wtf does SJW stand for? Stupid Jealous Woman?
Ryuuji Takasu: looks cute. but cute sounds girly. so ill say kawaii
Lesbihonest: damn kimo you have the sexiest male voice ive ever heard o.o
Rika Furude: no, that wasnt ripped from the Bible or something, it's one of Rika Furude's poems in Higurashi. Deep ****.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unforgiven Pretender
WDA Member
WDA Member
avatar

Achievement Points : 16
Posts : 395
Reputation : 493
Waifu : Unforgiven Pretender

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:30 am

Yup, some people are just only here to post every card that counters their deck to be banned, and every card that helps their deck to be unlimited. *sigh*

@ Minako, I was just looking at everything of Barbaros that would make people say it should be limited, so I also looked at it's effect. Maybe they got into some duel where the effect was used and now they think it's OP? :P

@ Digi, I agree. >.<
I'm asking what people think of certain cards, and if they'll be hit, and everyone just spams: "Barbaros and other cards that I dislike for no good reason should be limited!"

Anyway, back to discussing cards, not shouting konami should ban cards you dislike.
Mezuki. I think it'll be brought back to semi-limited. Zombies are now this archetype that almost has it, but not quite. With Mezuki semi'd they most certainly would make a return. A new card like Pain Painter would rise in value, making Konami earn more money too.
What do you guys think of Mezuki, or zombies in general next format? Discuss.



Yuna: aliens shud be banned..they are too good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
avatar

Achievement Points : 9
Posts : 3063
Reputation : 3768
Waifu : Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:57 am

I have a hunch they might bring zombies back. Pain Painter and Blue-Blooded Oni were a good sign, but then again, they still don't give zombies enough rise to take on top tier, so possibly, they might make other cards, doubt it however.



EW: also wtf does SJW stand for? Stupid Jealous Woman?
Ryuuji Takasu: looks cute. but cute sounds girly. so ill say kawaii
Lesbihonest: damn kimo you have the sexiest male voice ive ever heard o.o
Rika Furude: no, that wasnt ripped from the Bible or something, it's one of Rika Furude's poems in Higurashi. Deep ****.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
avatar

Achievement Points : 28
Posts : 1063
Reputation : 1397

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:11 am

DigiDigi wrote:
How could you....all of you....ruin such a good article with such stupidity..?! Maxx "C" hit...barbaros...sangan banned? What has this academy come to? DO NONE OF YOU PEOPLE READ YOU ILLITERATE SHEEPLE YOU *head walls Great Wall of China*

That wouldn't make any sense.

I still think Barbaros should be banned. I mean...HE REACHES 3000 ATK WITH SKILL DRAIN, U FUCKING KIDDING ME?


Quote :
Quote :
Amethyst777 said:Things activate in reverse order. Thus, bottomless targets grannel before he hits the field, and thus before his effect activates (gaining attack). People told me DN was dumb. But jegus.

Quote :
Amethyst777 said: I just realized something. The problem with playing a children's card game: You're bound to encounter children, 90% of which are squalling moronic retards with arrogance issues.



^Words of a true close minded moronic ignorant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
avatar

Achievement Points : 50
Posts : 3724
Reputation : 4776
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:19 am

You are forgetting Malefics, they are all broken too. 4000 ATK for free?! But then again they are all broken so it would be weird to ban them all, you can only ban so many cards. So, I thought about it A LOT and finaly I found the solution. We hit them by changing the rulings on field spell cards from what they are now to: "Field Spell cards do not exist. Don't use them because they don't exist." and then you release an erratum of skill drain as a field spell card and there, problem solved. Everything that was bad with yugioh is now ok.


Quote :
25 Jun 17, 02:12
J.J. Knight: Every homebrew, at least the good ones, are made by people who've played the game for a few years.

Quote :
marthbeatsfalco: nope, there are 5 distinct and significant angles

This is now the iconic statement sig


Last edited by Al-Bhed on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unforgiven Pretender
WDA Member
WDA Member
avatar

Achievement Points : 16
Posts : 395
Reputation : 493
Waifu : Unforgiven Pretender

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:22 am

Ah, yes, of course rjuto!
Then let's also ban Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon, Fussilier Dragon, not to even mention BLS. Your insightfulness is truly magnificent. (...)

Geez.., is it really so hard to just at least act like you care about people who actually want to discuss seriously?!

What do you guys think of a card like Reborn Tengu?
It's been around for a full format, people paid their money for it.
It's kinda the same as Destiny Hero - Malicious, which is semi'd.



Yuna: aliens shud be banned..they are too good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
avatar

Achievement Points : 50
Posts : 3724
Reputation : 4776
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:24 am

Unforgiven Pretender wrote:
What do you guys think of a card like Reborn Tengu?
You know... speaking of discussing seriously, it would be nice if people who did discuss also took the time to read the article...


Quote :
25 Jun 17, 02:12
J.J. Knight: Every homebrew, at least the good ones, are made by people who've played the game for a few years.

Quote :
marthbeatsfalco: nope, there are 5 distinct and significant angles

This is now the iconic statement sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
avatar

Achievement Points : 9
Posts : 3063
Reputation : 3768
Waifu : Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:26 am

This is how we discuss seriously.
Now to get rid of that horrendous Six Sams deck. I claim that all Warrior monsters to be non-existent for the full official list of monster types, and that all Warrior cards are fake.



EW: also wtf does SJW stand for? Stupid Jealous Woman?
Ryuuji Takasu: looks cute. but cute sounds girly. so ill say kawaii
Lesbihonest: damn kimo you have the sexiest male voice ive ever heard o.o
Rika Furude: no, that wasnt ripped from the Bible or something, it's one of Rika Furude's poems in Higurashi. Deep ****.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
avatar

Achievement Points : 28
Posts : 1063
Reputation : 1397

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:36 am

Unforgiven Pretender wrote:
Then let's also ban Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon

To make digi look like a pro?


Quote :
Quote :
Amethyst777 said:Things activate in reverse order. Thus, bottomless targets grannel before he hits the field, and thus before his effect activates (gaining attack). People told me DN was dumb. But jegus.

Quote :
Amethyst777 said: I just realized something. The problem with playing a children's card game: You're bound to encounter children, 90% of which are squalling moronic retards with arrogance issues.



^Words of a true close minded moronic ignorant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
avatar

Achievement Points : 9
Posts : 3063
Reputation : 3768
Waifu : Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:45 am

rjuto wrote:
Unforgiven Pretender wrote:
Then let's also ban Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon

To make digi look like a pro?
Who said Digi wasn't a pro?



EW: also wtf does SJW stand for? Stupid Jealous Woman?
Ryuuji Takasu: looks cute. but cute sounds girly. so ill say kawaii
Lesbihonest: damn kimo you have the sexiest male voice ive ever heard o.o
Rika Furude: no, that wasnt ripped from the Bible or something, it's one of Rika Furude's poems in Higurashi. Deep ****.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jirachi
WDA Member
WDA Member
avatar

Posts : 48
Reputation : 64

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:47 am

rjuto
needs to get banned baby banned, banned baby banned


I'm Making a come back

Well i will get on every other day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unforgiven Pretender
WDA Member
WDA Member
avatar

Achievement Points : 16
Posts : 395
Reputation : 493
Waifu : Unforgiven Pretender

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:50 am

Al-Bhed wrote:
Unforgiven Pretender wrote:
What do you guys think of a card like Reborn Tengu?
You know... speaking of discussing seriously, it would be nice if people who did discuss also took the time to read the article...

I did read the article, but the article desplays only your opinion, not that of others. I think it's very possible for it to be semi'd, that's why I put it to discussion.
Don't you like people discussing about the article? That's what this topic is about, right?



Yuna: aliens shud be banned..they are too good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
avatar

Achievement Points : 50
Posts : 3724
Reputation : 4776
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:33 am

Al-Bhed wrote:
Let's start from the basics. Banlist is made for the OCG, if there is an issue in the TCG it gets a slap on the wrist save from emergency situations of major screw ups, but at this point of the game the only way to get a real major screw up deserving a fix for the TCG is if there was a TCG exclusive spell card that said "You win the game". The reason for that is how far all decks have advanced by now and the relative power of the game, a deck can pull ahead but not that far.
Whether TCG cards are likely to get hit or not is not an opinion though UP, unless the Saber formats and the Lightsworn format and all of those were illusions. Still apparently everyone is in for hitting TCG exclusive cards, not just this format, but those before. And for tengu the arguement was that it has already paid of so it's time for it to get hit... Yeah, because that's the criteria TCG exclusives get hit, not after they are finaly released in the OCG...
I already saw tengu and tour guide being predicted to get hit. Come on guys, there are more, say wind-up shark or something, I can take anything you throw at me, this dino is used to mental assaults.

I said that is basic and you guys go off on the assumption I say nothing but bullshit. If you think that the basic assumptions are wrong, address those first instead of completely disregarding the very existence of the OP. Tell me, "Al-Bhed, I feel like you are wrong because obviously all banlists adress the issues of the TCG and this one will do the same" before using that assumption.

I am not saying don't have an opinion, I am not saying don't discuss. I am saying that if you disagree with something adress it instead of forcing people to repeat themselves over and over. I have not answered or commented any posts that were either illogical or were answered in the OP, because I was stupid enough to assume that if my opinion was there, people would adress it if they thought it was wrong instead of ignoring an original post even exists and then asking to discuss an opinion going off an assumption that is already opposite to the starting assumption without addressing it at all. And I am not refering to you UP alone nor am I attacking you or anything, I am just bringing up the fact that this is a topic saying the grass is green and 90% of the posts say "So how do you like this blue grass?". Can't you guys at least tell me when the grass was painted blue before that?


Quote :
25 Jun 17, 02:12
J.J. Knight: Every homebrew, at least the good ones, are made by people who've played the game for a few years.

Quote :
marthbeatsfalco: nope, there are 5 distinct and significant angles

This is now the iconic statement sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
avatar

Achievement Points : 114
Posts : 5794
Reputation : 7206
Waifu :

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:18 am

Let's discuss this in Storytime. I will say what would happen to create the certain life of someone.
---
The Life of a Champ
x3 Monster Reborn
x3 Brain Control
x3 Pot of Greed
x3 Chaos End Dragon
x3 Foolish Burial
x3 Black Luster Soldier
x3 Everything in Yugioh

The life of a Failure
x0 Trap Dustshoot
x0 Book of Moon
x0 Monster Reborn
x0 Heavy Storm
x0 Dark Hole
x0 Mystical Space Typhoon
x0 Torrential Tribute
x0 Solemn Judgment
x0 Solemn Warning
x0 Mirror Force
x0 Dimensional Prison
x0 Bottomless Traphole
x0 Maxx "C"
x0 Effect Veiler
x0 Magic Cylinder
x0 Negate Attack
x0 Dimension Wall
x0 Foolish Burial
x0 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy
x0 Tour Guide
x0 Everything non archtype related.

The life of a Duelist
x3 Call of the Haunted
x0 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy
x0 Solemn Judgment
x2 Zenmaity


_____________________
My Review about some cards:

Laggia. Limit it? I don't want it to. The only time people ACTUALLY use this is with Rescue Rabbit or just with Ninjas. The opponent doesn't even get that many on the field because guess what, traps still exist.

^
Hold on, YES Laggia is broken but I don't exactly see alot of people on Dueling Network using Rescue rabbit. And I don't know about Yugioh off the internet so heck if I know.


Black Luster Soldier Banworthy. No explanation required.

Dark Armed Dragon Banworthy. No explanation required.

Sangan He stays. No asking why.

Wind-Up Hunter Goes to one. The loop only needs one anyway..

Wind-Up Zenmaighty I would Semi-limit this :| Either Hunter get's __/Semi limited or Zenmaighty does instead.

Inzektor Hornet Limit? Bit-Yesplz

Gemini Spark Probably a Semi-Limit.. Not enough people use Geminis, right?

Tour guide from the Underworld As great as this card may be, there are a few things. Konami cares about money so it won't ban them, even though they are an instant lv3 Xyz..
___________
All of the above are all banworthy/limit/semilimit cards.
_______________
So, how many headdesks do I win, Al? :D


Awaiting mid-month freedom.



Last edited by 99nour on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldduelingacademy.com
Jirachi
WDA Member
WDA Member
avatar

Posts : 48
Reputation : 64

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:19 am

99nour wrote:
Let's discuss this in Storytime. I will say what would happen to create the certain life of someone.
---
The Life of a Champ
x3 Monster Reborn
x3 Brain Control
x3 Pot of Greed
x3 Chaos End Dragon
x3 Foolish Burial
x3 Black Luster Soldier
x3 Everything in Yugioh

The life of a Failure
x0 Trap Dustshoot
x0 Book of Moon
x0 Monster Reborn
x0 Heavy Storm
x0 Dark Hole
x0 Mystical Space Typhoon
x0 Torrential Tribute
x0 Solemn Judgment
x0 Solemn Warning
x0 Mirror Force
x0 Dimensional Prison
x0 Bottomless Traphole
x0 Maxx "C"
x0 Effect Veiler
x0 Magic Cylinder
x0 Negate Attack
x0 Dimension Wall
x0 Foolish Burial
x0 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy
x0 Tour Guide
x0 Everything non archtype related.

The life of a Duelist
x3 Call of the Haunted
x0 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy
x0 Solemn Judgment
x2 Zenmaity


_____________________
My Review about some cards:
Laggia. Limit it? I don't want it to. The only time people ACTUALLY use this is with Rescue Rabbit or just with Ninjas. The opponent doesn't even get that many on the field because guess what, traps still exist.

Black Luster Soldier Banworthy. No explanation required.

Dark Armed Dragon Banworthy. No explanation required.

Sangan He stays. No asking why.

Wind-Up Hunter Goes to one. The loop only needs one anyway..

Wind-Up Zenmaighty I would Semi-limit this :| Either Hunter get's __/Semi limited or Zenmaighty does instead.

Inzektor Hornet Limit? Bit-Yesplz

Gemini Spark Probably a Semi-Limit.. Not enough people use Geminis, right?

Tour guide from the Underworld As great as this card may be, there are a few things. Konami cares about money so it won't ban them, even though they are an instant lv3 Xyz..
_______________
So, how many headdesks do I win, Al? :D

:36: just plan out bad ass


I'm Making a come back

Well i will get on every other day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
avatar

Achievement Points : 58
Posts : 1189
Reputation : 1435
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:59 am

i sell tour guides for 50$ each, i have a printer that prints out fake cards '-'




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
avatar

Achievement Points : 9
Posts : 3063
Reputation : 3768
Waifu : Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:20 am

Princess of Darkness wrote:
i sell tour guides for 50$ each, i have a printer that prints out fake cards '-'
Why you dirty little...
Moving on, just love how Nour compares cards according to what people on DN do. Oh, and how there should be no explanations for certain cards being banned or limited, right.
Look, Nour, the online dueling committee doesn't really make an impact in Konami's eyes. They look at deck that win tournaments, and hurt them, unless they're news decks, then they'll just stick with those to sell more. It's more or less like how Microsoft publishes a new operating system. We have Windows 7 at the moment, but Windows 8 comes out this year with tons of new features that makes 7 seem so inferior (just an example, Windows 8 sucks in my own eyes). Now if you belong to a rich family, you'd want to keep up-to-date and get Windows 8, while discarding Windows 7 in the process. Then again, after reading this all over again, my example makes little sense, so I pray you know what I'm talking about here.



EW: also wtf does SJW stand for? Stupid Jealous Woman?
Ryuuji Takasu: looks cute. but cute sounds girly. so ill say kawaii
Lesbihonest: damn kimo you have the sexiest male voice ive ever heard o.o
Rika Furude: no, that wasnt ripped from the Bible or something, it's one of Rika Furude's poems in Higurashi. Deep ****.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Banlist Predictions   

Back to top Go down
 
Banlist Predictions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Yu-Gi-Oh! :: YGO Talk :: Articles-
Jump to: