Share | 

Robin Hood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nourno Nouriko nor
Chaos Goddess
 Chaos Goddess

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : Nour Force. She was pretty cool.

PostSubject: Robin Hood   Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:12 pm

Remember Robin Hood? He's an American Outlaw; a highly skilled archer and swordsman. He became famous in folklore because he has been known for stealing from the rich and giving to the poor.

Does this make him a nice person or a bad person?

Good luck finding out who gave me this signature!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldduelingacademy.com
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood   Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:54 pm

Nour Force wrote:
Remember Robin Hood? He's an American Outlaw; a highly skilled archer and swordsman. He became famous in folklore because he has been known for stealing from the rich and giving to the poor.

American archer and swordsman? I want to find one person in history for whom that description is accurate. Green Arrow doesn't count.

Anyways, Fish will kill you and it will be neither for archery nor swordsmanship...

He stole from the nobility and feudal lords so it's all good. Stealing from rich capitalists is ok too, if you do consider him american, somehow, in a robin hood fanfic.

Quote :
25 Jun 17, 02:12
J.J. Knight: Every homebrew, at least the good ones, are made by people who've played the game for a few years.

Quote :
marthbeatsfalco: nope, there are 5 distinct and significant angles

This is now the iconic statement sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood   Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:51 am

Red Robin. Yum yum yum.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood   Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:59 am

Robin Hood wasn't American. Also he was a nice person to the poor and a bad person to the rich.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Leviera
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : EarlS

PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:24 am

Good, since the poor actually worked then.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.google.com/
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood   Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:43 am

EarlS wrote:
Good, since the poor actually worked then.
Implying the poor are poor because they are lazy?

Quote :
J.J. Knight: Every homebrew, at least the good ones, are made by people who've played the game for a few years.

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood   Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:32 am

Nour Force wrote:

What the fuck have you been smoking, whoever told you this should burn in a fiery inferno of hell.
He's from fucking Nottingham.

Nottingham doesn't sound like a place full of fat, burger-eating ignoramuses to me.

Well, that's deceiving, because it is, but Robin Hood is an -English- fairy tale. He's one of the most famous -English- figures of all time.

Jesus christ monkey shit, who's been telling you this stuff?

As it stands, he was a good man because he acted against an evil sheriff, in the stories. He also saved people who were wrongly accused and being punished and only stole from people who deserved it.

However, if you're asking specifically about "robbing from the rich to give to the poor", that's wrong, because it's theft. Unless the item you're stealing is originally stolen and wasn't earned or given to the person, it's wrong.
Just because somebody is successful, doesn't mean that they should be stolen from. It will increase likeliness of being stolen from, but doesn't make it morally right.

It seems stupid to us, but at this time, society was very clear. It had lords, knights, yeomen and peasants, to be very very simplified.

Robin Hood was a yeomen, which is like a middle class (which was very very very new at this point, it wasn't really a middle class to be honest, it was more that they were intelligent/skilled workers who earned more and were free.)
Peasants were people who essentially worked under the command of the lord in return for land or, in some cases, money.

The deal would be something like "If you want to live in this patch of land, once a week you have to come over to my land and work it, and the rest of the week you can work on your land and do whatever."
Obviously it'd often be more strict than that, but it depends what period you're looking at. Robin Hood was generally considered to be first seen in the 15th/16th century, and there would be, at this time, quite a few people working around.

The plague would have killed off a lot of peasants and so the shortage of work drove the general wages of peasants (or, as they were known in the period, serfs) up. It also gave them alot more freedom and you'd often see people saying, "if you don't give me money as well as land to work your places, I'll just move my family over to that guy's grounds, because we know from friends that he's also giving money."

If they weren't paid, they'd make their money through selling or trading their own vegetables. Generally they'd trade for food and eat their own crops but would sell enough to pay taxes.

Robin Hood existed to act against corrupt officials who stole money from the poor and abused them, etc., to make themselves rich, and so he stole the money back and recompensated them.

He purely stole against the evil rich people, not just the rich people. There were very nice rich people who he left alone.
But that isn't as catchy.

I just finished my exams on this period, and so although my exams were focused on the religious reformations in Europe, bitch, do not test my knowledge.

No, feel free to ask me anything you want about it. American Revolution, as well.

❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔️ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sherlock Holmes
Lil Viper
 Lil Viper

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ---

PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood   Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:18 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nourno Nouriko nor
Chaos Goddess
 Chaos Goddess

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : Nour Force. She was pretty cool.

PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood   Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Fish wrote:
What the fuck have you been smoking, whoever told you this should burn in a fiery inferno of hell.
He's from fucking Nottingham.

Nottingham doesn't sound like a place full of fat, burger-eating ignoramuses to me.

Well, that's deceiving, because it is, but Robin Hood is an -English- fairy tale. He's one of the most famous -English- figures of all time.

Jesus christ monkey shit, who's been telling you this stuff?

I wrote American instead of English accidentally.
Give it a rest.

Good luck finding out who gave me this signature!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldduelingacademy.com
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic

PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood   Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Nour Force wrote:
I wrote American instead of English accidentally.
Give it a rest.
Confusing English with American is kinda worse in a way...

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robin Hood   

Back to top Go down

Robin Hood
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum