Hang-OutCalendarHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

So Nintendo Heard That You Can't Afford a 3DS...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: So Nintendo Heard That You Can't Afford a 3DS...   Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:55 pm

https://www.nintendo.com/3ds/new/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/nintendo-drops-wii-u-price-releases-new-2ds-handheld/2013/08/28/da9d53be-0ff9-11e3-8cdd-bcdc09410972_story.html

Nintendo wrote:
Part of the Nintendo 3DS family...

Designed for your family
The new Nintendo 2DS system gives you all the features of the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL, minus 3D viewing. And the price makes the world of Nintendo games even more accessible.

All three systems in the Nintendo 3DS family offer:

Compatibility with all Nintendo 3DS and most Nintendo DS games. Access to the Nintendo eShop, with digital games, free demos, and special offers. Wireless connectivity for multiplayer and co-op play. Parental controls that let adults manage the system's content.
Hayley Tsukayama (Washington Post) wrote:
Nintendo also cut the price of its Wii U. The higher-end model of the Wii U got a $50 price cut, taking the console to $299.99 from $349.99. Plus, Nintendo will also throw in a copy of one of Nintendo’s most anticipated titles headed into the holidays, “The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD.”
This model will be released on October 12th. I'm not even sure if you can either call this a variation of the 3DS (which would be a joke in of itself if so,) or if this is a new individual console in of itself. Either way, Nintendo is trying their best (ha!) to compete with Sony now the holidays (Black Friday and X-Mas) are right around the corner.

If we have learned anything, we have learned that 1st party games are what sell the console. Nintendo, please release us a new Metroid, for Christ's sakes. You'll please all of the Nintendophiles as well as other crowds to play your games. Stop giving us cheap versions of 3rd party games (Arkham Origins) or your damn remakes (HUEH!) and give us premium AAA 1st party classics! I think good ol' faithful will help, who knows?

What do you guys think about this new contraption?

Quotes:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

PostSubject: Re: So Nintendo Heard That You Can't Afford a 3DS...   Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:08 pm

S'funny because they don't exactly have a reason to fret about 3DS sells, it's doing fantastic. It's the Wii-U they should be breaking a sweat over. The 3DS is being carried by 1st party games and Pokemon alone, it's sells are solid.

I'm probably going to buy a 2DS as soon as it comes out. I don't know why everyone on the webs been hating on the thing (not saying you are or aren't @ OP) but I think it's pretty brilliant. I honestly could give a crap less about the 3D itself. Save myself a little money for exactly the same thing? Yes please, why wouldn't I. This could be the incentive I finally needed to go out and actually buy the thing. I currently don't have a 3DS so why not.

I've also been waiting on a price drop for the Wii-U and will probably be picking it up as soon as it hits the price drop. A little of it was waiting for games to actually come out for the thing, but with The Wonderful 101, Game and Wario, Super Mario Bros U as well as Luigi U, Pikman 3, Monster Hunter U3 and of course Nintendo Land making the thing appear as something time can actually be spent on in it's current state, I think I'll just put some faith in Nintendo like I have many of times to come out with something awesome and pray they deliver for the 3rd time in a row when I come in with doubts. (I don't know about you guys, but I was satisfied with the N64 and Gamecube despite it's lack of game support.)

I'm trying a Youtube thing! https://www.youtube.com/user/BearOnStilts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: So Nintendo Heard That You Can't Afford a 3DS...   Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:02 pm

But dat folding.

I'm also hoping to get one since it is cheaper and I need it to play Pokemon X and Y.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: So Nintendo Heard That You Can't Afford a 3DS...   Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:23 pm

I've given up on Nintendo. If Nintendo is making people happy fine good for them but for me personally this has been a long series of disappointments from Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: So Nintendo Heard That You Can't Afford a 3DS...   Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:40 pm

I honestly think that the 2DS would be convenient for more people who live in poorer countries, or can't afford much. The price drop from $199 to $129 is a major difference for people back here, because that would mean that the system would be sold at a pretty low price. Also, not many care about the 3D functionality, I for one think it's bothersome. The lack of folding option should be no issue either, don't see why people are fussing over that. Probably because it'll be harder to keep in your pocket? Maybe.

I know that I said that I won't buy anymore consoles or handhelds, but from the looks of it, if I actually do end up needing a new one, I'll side with Nintendo this time and get a 2DS. I was thinking of getting a Vita IF all the franchises that I loved carry on it (Even though I hated it), but the way I see, that probably won't happen.

EW: also wtf does SJW stand for? Stupid Jealous Woman?
Ryuuji Takasu: looks cute. but cute sounds girly. so ill say kawaii
Lesbihonest: damn kimo you have the sexiest male voice ive ever heard o.o
Rika Furude: no, that wasnt ripped from the Bible or something, it's one of Rika Furude's poems in Higurashi. Deep ****.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: So Nintendo Heard That You Can't Afford a 3DS...   Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:59 pm

It's not really for "poorer" people, it's about kids. There is an age restriction with 3d and the folding mechanism is easier to break, so 2ds is basically a child friendly version which has the excuse for the price drop (which isn't much, 3DS goes as low as 169.99$ now iirc, the other price is the XL, so just 40$ difference) making it more friendly. And yeah, 3ds sales have been doing amazing, there is no problem there.

It is technically another "3ds" because it plays its games, that matters for a console more than its features obviously. The problem I have with that is that the cheapest iteration of the 3DS does not support 3D which is another excuse for developers to not do much with the 3D feature which I have been quite enjoying even though it could have been utilized better. I feel that they'll be slowly taking that beautiful illusion away from me or that I will be seeing it much less.

As for wii U, I wish I could afford a console, if I could I would pick that up instead of anything else, one: because I am a nintendo fan and I love their games, two: because I have a pc which pretty much replaces anything sony or microsoft (lol, console microsoft, you know what I mean) may do, but unfortunately I'll have to make do with my 3DS. At least we are getting SSB I guess.

Quote :
25 Jun 17, 02:12
J.J. Knight: Every homebrew, at least the good ones, are made by people who've played the game for a few years.

Quote :
marthbeatsfalco: nope, there are 5 distinct and significant angles

This is now the iconic statement sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hayase Mitsuki
WDA Member
WDA Member

Waifu : R-Evolution

PostSubject: Re: So Nintendo Heard That You Can't Afford a 3DS...   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:48 pm

I gave up since NDS lite , Ndsi Ndsxl 3DS 3DSXL 2DS...x')

Back to top Go down
View user profile
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: So Nintendo Heard That You Can't Afford a 3DS...   Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:15 am

Really, the 3DS is already going to sell a whole lot just because of Pokemon X/Y. Only real reason why this is announced is because of the Vita price drop. I mean, yeah, this is cool so I can actually play Rune Factory 4/SMTIV/etc, but I sure hope this doesn't kill off the vita.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
josh
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: So Nintendo Heard That You Can't Afford a 3DS...   Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:21 am

Leokane wrote:
I've given up on Nintendo. If Nintendo is making people happy fine good for them but for me personally this has been a long series of disappointments from Nintendo.
lol i did to

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄
░░░░░ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░ ▄░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀ U HAVE BEEN EBOLAED BY THE
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄
░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄SPOOKY LENNY
░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌SPREAD THE EBOLA TO ATLEAST 7 PEOPLE OR U WILL DIE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Nintendo Heard That You Can't Afford a 3DS...   

Back to top Go down

So Nintendo Heard That You Can't Afford a 3DS...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Games :: Casual Gaming-
Jump to: