View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: Let's Take a Trip Down Memory Lane   Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:37 am

I'm really interested in WDA's timeline/history as well as everyone else's stories of their involvement here. It feels like this academy and community have been here for a very long time now. I think I remember some in-chat conversations at some point about how the community came from TWA and all that drama. TWA survived from the KC days and oddly I was in the KC community doing my own thing and just dueling when I wanted.

I guess I want to hear everyone's history with WDA.

Even before I joined WDA, I heard alot about it from Digi and she sometimes asked me for suggestions about what to do for events and other academy drama that she had. It wasn't until May 3rd, 2012 that I officially became apart of the community as Kitsune no Shonen. I think I only joined after being bugged by Digi to join and help her out with the community and help encourage people to duel. So I did. I remember I got picked on by the staff for having the same IP as her at some point. That must've lasted for at least 4 months, I don't even remember.

The next month the first Firefight was opened and after a few weeks of grinding with Hieratic OTK, I won the first Firefight. Aside from that event, the rest of my time is kind of blurry. I just remember Digi and I had a huge fight and out of her rage, she deleted my Kitsune no Shonen account and I parted ways from WDA altogether mid-April if I recall correctly.

I think I came back to WDA because Digi apologized to me and told me about her plans to leave and wanted me to keep in touch with you guys. She had this big speech that you guys were my friends and whatnot, so while she was having her own drama I came back in the summer of 2013.

Ever since then I found my place here, as infrequent as it was for me to visit, I continue to come back here. Its just weird how time flies and we don't even realize it.

Quotes:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Leviera
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : EarlS

PostSubject: Re: Let's Take a Trip Down Memory Lane   Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:57 am

i think it was somewhere during sep 2012.
Nour was advertising WDA as usual, out of boredom i clicked on the link, i just signed up, didnt really feel like staying around atm. But then(not sure when, exactly) Ali and Nour got into a fight about a SAO siggy. Ali was gonna use it and promised to give her credit, but Nour didnt agree to it and Releane(a mod on DNF) got into the conversation as well. After things cooled down a bit Nour told me to tell Ali that she was sorry, i found Ali in the chat and tried to talk to him on skype. Eventually he told me he was just joking with Nour, on the next day when i logged on again everything was fine.
And yes, the reason why i stayed here was because of the drama.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.google.com/
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: Re: Let's Take a Trip Down Memory Lane   Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:00 am

Manaphy wrote:
Nour was advertising WDA as usual, out of boredom i clicked on the link, i just signed up, didnt really feel like staying around atm. But then(not sure when, exactly) Ali and Nour got into a fight about a SAO siggy. Ali was gonna use it and promised to give her credit, but Nour didnt agree to it and Releane(a mod on DNF) got into the conversation as well. After things cooled down a bit Nour told me to tell Ali that she was sorry, i found Ali in the chat and tried to talk to him on skype. Eventually he told me he was just joking with Nour, on the next day when i logged on again everything was fine.

Wow, 2 years later and Alibaka's character hasn't changed dramatically. That totally sounds like him.

Quotes:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Let's Take a Trip Down Memory Lane   Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:28 am

Story time, children. Gather around the fire.
-Opens book and lights up pipe-

I had joined WDA back at a time when it was still in progress of being built. I was part of a forum called Light Dueling Academy, which I had joined way back in June 2009. I had two friends there: Maximillion Pegasus and Unforgiven Pretender. They were both the co-founders of the forum, back when it was still called Toon World Academy.

I was invited by both UP and MP to join the forum. I was the tenth member to join. The community, although small, was generally welcoming and warm. At that time, different dorms of different tiers existed: Shadow Purple, Kingdom Yellow, and Shining Blue. I was a Shadow Purple, which was the lowest dorm, as you can tell. I never left not because I decided not to, but because I retook the retest several times and never could get out of there. OTL

Also, I wasn't known as Kimo Force; my name was Kimo Online, which a bunch of bullies at school came up with that I adopted. It was a silly name. I only switched to Kimo Force by 2010 at the start of the year, because I had recently fallen in love with the band DragonForce (nowadays, I think they're pretty bad. I'm more into Daisuke Ishiwatari and Shouji Meguro these days, aside form the many many other rock and metal artists whom I listen to).

Anyway, one of the moderators was DanceJonDance. He was a fine fellow. Eventually, he had a disagreement with MP and UP, and left to create his own academy: Turbo Duel Academy. It was pretty big and all, but unfortunately, it got hacked and they had to leave. I think they made another academy, but I don't know what happened afterwards.

Around November 2009 if I recall, we got DoubleDee, whom I will refrain from mentioning his true current name online to avoid picking out certain individuals (PS: His name now is Wolf Ryuski). He joined the forum along with another member whose name I can't recall, caused trouble with the staff then left.

Around December 2009, J. J. Knight joined the forum under the name Krobra. He eventually became the Kingdom Yellow Dorm Leader, and despite being rather harsh, he managed to keep his dorm intact.

And there was William Berlin, but I don't enjoy talking about him. Dude was weird as fridge and too stupid to the point that he couldn't even count his toes. Caused some fuss at times, but eh. There was also another member whom stirred up a TON of trouble, but I forgot his name. He eventually got in trouble because of his grades and quit playing Yu-Gi-Oh!, or so his "brother" claims.

And around the end of the year, dunno exactly when, we got Dark Magician Girl. No seriously, this isn't Karin. This is a different DMG. She was probably the only girl around the forum at that time, which is why her popularity grew so quickly. She had a bubbly nature on the forum, although she often got upset pretty quickly. Unfortunately, a fight started out between her and her boyfriend from back then, which caused a heck load of drama, and then she eventually left...and came back, brought up another fight, then left...and so and so. It was a vicious cycle, boys and girls.

But before all that, she did invite a certain member around February. A member who later on played a huge role in WDA's history. It was none other than my dear master: Minako. I'll be honest; I didn't get along that well with Mina at the beginning, but I eventually learned to respect him. Of course, we had our fights (and by fights, I mean TONS of them), but he had my full-most respect. Krobra and him didn't really get along at all, and I imagine that they still don't.

Fish? Well, from what I remember, Krobra had founded a Pokemon forum back then, and I met them there. Fish always managed to slip a small joke every now and then, and I would always get really mad (I was a very naive and hot-headed 14-year-old. Believe it). Then we became buddies, and walked arm in arm, through fields of roses and lilies and--ahem, moving on.

Then during the summer, DoubleDee came back. Stirred up some more trouble then left. As usual.

In June, our forum got hacked by an infamous hacker around that time. He left and was never to be seen again (at least here).

In July, Maximillion Pegasus had to step down from his position as founder. The reason he played Yu-Gi-Oh! is because of a (major) sport injury, and that's what drove him to try the game out. His leg had healed then, so he had to say his goodbyes to move on to college and get back into football. UP being the only administrator left, promoted me to being an administrator. Yup: straight from Shadow Purple to an admin. I still stayed as a Shadow though; I couldn't cheat my way all up to Shining. OTL

It wasn't long before Unforgiven Pretender decided to leave too. Minako was a moderator around that time, so he got promoted. Later on, Joker, whom was a moderator around that time, got promoted too. I think D-JR was an administrator too. Fish was still a moderator.

August 2010, we got Durzo Blint and Joker. Again, I shall refrain from mentioning Durzo's true current identity (PS: It's Shane. He probably changed it by now, but I don't know where he is at the moment). I think Joker first contributed by introducing a type of dueling minigame similar to the Firefight. I'll get back to his other achievements later.

During October 2010, we got none other than Al-Bhed. He had his Halloween Chocobo avatar on the forum. For the chat avatar, it was the same one he still uses today. Yeah, I know, that avi is oooooooold.

Around fall, I pulled a crazy stunt. A REALLY crazy stunt. I got demoted to moderator because of it and stayed like that for a while.

Around the start of the next year, Minako decided to do some changes to the dorms: instead of having three dorms of different tiers, we decided to have three equal dorms of equal skill, with a separate Rank field in the profile for our members. We ended up with Underworld and two other dorms which I cannot remember.

Around March, Minako invited a certain friendly face back. Yep, you guessed it: Wolf Ryuski. He had changed his name by then. The new administrators weren't aware of the danger he posed, and no matter how many times I shouted out, no one believed me. Until...

May 2011, a month after I had donned my brohooves as a brony, Wolf and Durzo collided butts and worked on getting back the founder account which Maximillion Pegasus left. They did so by triggering a loophole in Forumotion's security system. Wolf took command and began deleting accounts. Durzo then saw what Wolf was doing and sent upon him the mighty hammer of BANDOM. Wolf was banned and never to be seen again.

And it just goes downhill from here. Durzo then went full Messiah complex and decided to post everywhere as Maximillion Pegasus. The entire staff rushed to MSN to ask him to give us the founder account. Durzo refused and took full control of the forum by deleting everyone and everything. He eventually restored the forum and decided to move along as if nothing had happened.

Wolf gave us his password to one of his email addresses, which we used to search for the founder account details AND crack into another email address which he used to steal the founder account. Unfortunately, neither of them had them. We stole the other account eventually. Durzo pleaded us to give it back since it had his information for a...a....a............ never mind; you really don't want to know. This is bad mojo we're talking about here, very bad mojo. I don't recall what we did. I think we gave it back to him after the whole farce ended.

Now Psychoturtle, if anyone remembers him. He comes in this part. He befriended Durzo and got promoted to administrator. He got a lot of trust from him to the point that Durzo gave him the founder account details. Psycho then instantly gave those details to Minako whom kicked Durzo off the throne and tried to restore everything back to the forum.

Three months later, Durzo pulled off the same loopwhole and took the founder account. He even renamed it to "Kimo Force" to try and put the whole blame on me (that sumbitch). We rushed to Forumotion to try and restore it, but since we had complained again previously, the Forumotion staff decided to lock the founder account for good. And that was that. We couldn't afford to stay in Toon World Academy as Durzo could prance at us again any minute. He did pull off that trick of his again and got his version of TWA up and running. Bakura normal, if you can remember him, and I often went there. I know; guilty as charged. Forum is dead at the moment, so no point going there now.

Joker and Minako founded a new forum, and Joker transfered the stylesheet from the original TWA. We later called that forum "World Dueling Academy". When we started off, some of the most prominent members whom we got were DigiDigi, 9mido and Nour Force (her name was 99nour). I was asked to join again as an admin, Al-Bhed as moderator, and Psychoturtle as a moderator I think?

We also decided on new dorms. If I recall correctly, they were Boulder Canyon, Everfrost Peak, and Lava Lagoon. I was in Lagoon. All the pros went to Boulder Canyon (except for Unknown, whom was not a Yu-Gi-Oh! professional whatsoever. He just hopped on the fun wagon and let all the other pros do the dueling for him during wars).

Joker decided to leave the forum, so he handed the keys to the founder account to us to prevent another Durzo tragedy. Mina left too for DN Forums. He still pops up every once and a while.

And rjuto....when did rjuto join? He just 'popped' up all of a sudden. My memory's kinda hazy towards rjuto, forgive me. Well, it wasn't long until Fish got promoted too, then we both decided to promote Rjuto and DigiDigi (Digi always had a crap load of ideas, and constantly suggested stuff).

January 2012, I decided to step down as administrator so I could focus on a novel I wanted to write, which is still in the "non-written" format until now. Don't think I'll ever finish it, or even start on it to begin with. I came back as an administrator later, don't remember the reason. Later during the year, we disbanded the dorms because, well, nobody cared about them anymore. Some of us stopped dueling as much, and I was one of the first to stop altogether.

And then, nothing major really happened over the last two years. At least that's what I remember. Digi left, then Al got promoted to admin. That's all I can remember I guess. And so, that was the grand tale of the origin of World Dueling Academy from Kimo's totally-not-biased point of view.

The End

-Closes book-

Well, off to bed, kids. Don't forget to brush your teeth.

EW: also wtf does SJW stand for? Stupid Jealous Woman?
Ryuuji Takasu: looks cute. but cute sounds girly. so ill say kawaii
Lesbihonest: damn kimo you have the sexiest male voice ive ever heard o.o
Rika Furude: no, that wasnt ripped from the Bible or something, it's one of Rika Furude's poems in Higurashi. Deep ****.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: Let's Take a Trip Down Memory Lane   Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:49 am

I remember chuckles tested me...and Lucci, or luchi, dont remember, was cyber city's leader.

Quote :
Quote :
Amethyst777 said:Things activate in reverse order. Thus, bottomless targets grannel before he hits the field, and thus before his effect activates (gaining attack). People told me DN was dumb. But jegus.

Quote :
Amethyst777 said: I just realized something. The problem with playing a children's card game: You're bound to encounter children, 90% of which are squalling moronic retards with arrogance issues.

^Words of a true close minded moronic ignorant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nourno Nouriko nor
Chaos Goddess
 Chaos Goddess

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : Nour Force. She was pretty cool.

PostSubject: Re: Let's Take a Trip Down Memory Lane   Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:40 pm

Manaphy wrote:
Th-That's not how I remember it. <.<;
Espurr wrote:
Wow, 2 years later and Alibaka's character hasn't changed dramatically. That totally sounds like him.
DO I TELL HIM, ALIBABA? ABOUT THE DAY YOU JOINED WDA?

Kimo Force wrote:
When we started off, some of the most prominent members whom we got were DigiDigi, 9mido mido9*and Nour Force (her name was 99nour).
I ask that you not group me with my brother. OTL

Good luck finding out who gave me this signature!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldduelingacademy.com
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Let's Take a Trip Down Memory Lane   Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:18 am

Gather round, children, and let me tell you the story of How Joker tried to take back WDA.

Indeed, it was a perilous day indeed. The academy was still entirely Yugioh based but it was entirely losing interest in Yugioh and forum-based activity. And so people became annoyed, whenever we made events the events would fail due to lack of interest but most members saw no real events at all.
So Joker came back.
With his revolutionary speeches and plans for dueling, he and the members demanded he become the head admin of the site (a position which had long before been abolished). He harked back to the golden days of TWA, when Joker was an autocrat and dueling events were held slightly more often.
Indeed, it all came to a dramatic conclusion when, in a thread demanding Joker return, the admin team put it to the members: Joker, if they so wished, could return, and the staff, if they so wished, would leave.

And then the members kind of went, "Oh, wait, no, we meant that he should be an admin, we didn't want you guys to leave", and so Joker's army dispersed, leaving him confused and disheartened.

And so the political turbulence ended as soon as it began, and we decided to try to hold a few more dueling leagues from time to time.

❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔️ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Take a Trip Down Memory Lane   

Back to top Go down

Let's Take a Trip Down Memory Lane
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Off-Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: