AuthorMessage
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: GameStop Talk: Power To The Phones   Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:05 am

So GameStop is shutting down 120 gaming stores and will open 200-300 mobile and tablet stores, lovely. Why do this you may ask? Well cause YOLO and I'm pretty sure that is the exact reason behind this. With all the other phone and tablet stores that have already made a name for themselves why try and jump in on them? You already have a huge company making tons of money of videogames and might I add, you bought out a lot of other videogame stores so now you can only either buy games online which is bad for people with terrible internet, go to your store or go to Best Buy, if you find a local game shop, lucky you.

So what happens now? Well hopefully with GameStop's decline in videogames will sprout more local game shops to come up. Steam will go on forever and there will still be a bunch of GameStop shops still selling games but some places will be losing probably the only gaming store in their area and like I said there are people who can't download games and besides, there is also people who like to have the physical copy in their hands.

What do you think? Do you even care? Probably not since most of us use Steam or play games GameStop doesn't even sell anyway (Japan Exclusive Games). I might make more *Insert Company Here* Talks or maybe not. You never know with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: GameStop Talk: Power To The Phones   Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:08 pm

Don't mind me. Just adding more fuel to the fire.
Well edit later to put in my opinion, although it won't be all that different.

EDIT: Okay, time to deliver.
While I do get most of my games from Steam, and hopefully Amazon, it's still sad to see that stuff like this is happening. Lots of people will be losing local stores near their homes, making it even more difficult to take the further step to go and buy games. It may even come to the point where there will be only one branch that sells actual games, with all the others focused on mobiles. Even if this will only take place in the US, I'm not so sure about the European branches and maybe the same will follow suit. I hope not. I really don't.

If anything, this means that Gamestop is willing to drop the quality of the products that they sell. When was the last time that you played a mobile game that was actually innovative and gave the platform value? Thought so. There is none.

It's very likely that some branches will generate large sums of losses as a result, and that those branches which still sell -ahem- "real" games will generate somewhat more profits. I hope these sales figures make Gamestop realize the grave mistake they're doing. In the meantime, stick to Best Buy and -shudders- Walmart for local stores.

EW: also wtf does SJW stand for? Stupid Jealous Woman?
Ryuuji Takasu: looks cute. but cute sounds girly. so ill say kawaii
Lesbihonest: damn kimo you have the sexiest male voice ive ever heard o.o
Rika Furude: no, that wasnt ripped from the Bible or something, it's one of Rika Furude's poems in Higurashi. Deep ****.

Last edited by Kimo Force on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: GameStop Talk: Power To The Phones   Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:32 pm

So, basically, pieces of in-game content will no longer be locked as game stop purchases. Yay. But hey, I'm a PC gamer and I don't live in america, so what do I know about GameStop.

Quote :
25 Jun 17, 02:12
J.J. Knight: Every homebrew, at least the good ones, are made by people who've played the game for a few years.

Quote :
marthbeatsfalco: nope, there are 5 distinct and significant angles

This is now the iconic statement sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

PostSubject: Re: GameStop Talk: Power To The Phones   Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:
So, basically, pieces of in-game content will no longer be locked as game stop purchases. Yay. But hey, I'm a PC gamer and I don't live in america, so what do I know about GameStop.

I don't think the in-game content will stop from being locked, Gamestop will still sell video-games. Only difference is that there will be much less stores which sell these games though.
Also, why don't you have GameStop in Greece? I've been to GameStop stores in both Germany and Italy before. That's quite odd.

Rika Furude: no, that wasnt ripped from the Bible or something, it's one of Rika Furude's poems in Higurashi. Deep ****.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: GameStop Talk: Power To The Phones   Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:11 pm

We are not big on those chains in Greece, especially considering that gaming here doesn't go far from PES and LoL. If there is one, it must be either in Athens or Thessaloniki, but even after searching online I could not find any greek stores. And tbh, they can't be that spread out in the rest of Europe, at least they should number significantly less than their U.S. counterparts. I, for one, did not come across any in Italy.

Quote :
25 Jun 17, 02:12
J.J. Knight: Every homebrew, at least the good ones, are made by people who've played the game for a few years.

Quote :
marthbeatsfalco: nope, there are 5 distinct and significant angles

This is now the iconic statement sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

PostSubject: Re: GameStop Talk: Power To The Phones   Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:12 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:
We are not big on those chains in Greece, especially considering that gaming here doesn't go far from PES and LoL. If there is one, it must be either in Athens or Thessaloniki, but even after searching online I could not find any greek stores. And tbh, they can't be that spread out in the rest of Europe, at least they should number significantly less than their U.S. counterparts. I, for one, did not come across any in Italy.

Well, they are hard to find in Italy. I only found branches in malls.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pumpkin Row
SKY FIRE
SKY FIRE

Achievement Points : 42
Waifu : Nourii-tan~

PostSubject: Re: GameStop Talk: Power To The Phones   Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:49 am

wonder how long this will actually last before they regret it.

Favorite Quotes~:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nour Force
Chaos Goddess
 Chaos Goddess

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : Nitocris! Can we replace Juri for Nito?

PostSubject: Re: GameStop Talk: Power To The Phones   Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:49 am

BUT THEIR NAME HAS GAME IN IT

No, please, stop, you're not allowed to talk about my graphics skills! (or lack thereof)

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldduelingacademy.com
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: GameStop Talk: Power To The Phones   Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:25 am

Nour Force wrote:
tablet&phonestop

Spoiler:

HAI DD-KUN!(Nourii-chan was here)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: GameStop Talk: Power To The Phones   Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:00 am

Nour Force wrote:

They'll most likely change it, this isn't the first time they tried changing market. Once upon a time there was a magical place known as...MovieStop...it didn't do too well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GameStop Talk: Power To The Phones   

Back to top Go down

GameStop Talk: Power To The Phones
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Games :: Casual Gaming-
Jump to: