View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Ubisoft unites with Unity   Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:58 am

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assassins_creed_unity/news/assassins_creed_unity_is_900p_30fps_on_both_ps4_and_xbox_one.html

We have known for a while that the fucks ubisoft gives for the consumer have been steadily decreasing, but I think they hit 0 a while back.
This time, Assassin's Creed Unity is reported to ship to all platforms locked to 900p and 30fps.
The reason for which they are giving up on optimization and are going with the least work needed route? To unite all gamers of course, their serene souls are particularly bothered about this ugly console war scuffle, so they are downgrading everyone to the lowest machine. Because, hey, minding how your game is optimized vs minding the console war fanboys isn't even a dillema, of course it's the console war fanboys, what do you think it is that feeds the console market.

This is nothing new for Ubisoft, after both the actual downgrade of Watch_dogs that was revealed and the announcement of Far Cry 4 downgrade, but what is different this time is that while last time the ones getting shafted were PC users who were forced into console standards whether they had better hardware or not (and even if they had better hardware, optimization was awful anyways since they didn't have to bother, so sometimes locking wasn't even the real issue), this time, along with the PC users, PS4 users are also getting the short end of the stick.

This is gonna be fun. While the voice of the PC market is significantly lower in a 'console war, sony vs microsoft, all of the easy PR moneys' dominated market, PS4 fanboys are singificantly more vocal, so while they even supported ubisoft last time, because really it was the stronger potato of the two that the PC had to downgrade to, that being PS4, this time they are up in arms because their potato is underutilized for the sake of conforming to the lesser potato, their console war enemy no less, the Xbox One.

If you think about it, that sort of makes Xbox One the devil. No matter what shit it pulled before, all you had to do was not buy it, but because it was designed as a TV machine, it has lesser specs, which now forces even PS4 users to comform to its crappyness. Now everyone gets to get screwed because the Xbox One is bad!

So, in conclusion, I can say I feel at peace now that Ubisoft brings unity in civil understanding to all gamers with Assassin's Creed Unity.
Can you smell that? It smells like rioters burning piles of Xbones while chanting Microsoft specific curses. It's peaceful rituals like that which give us identity. Gaming is alive.

Quote :
25 Jun 17, 02:12
J.J. Knight: Every homebrew, at least the good ones, are made by people who've played the game for a few years.

Quote :
marthbeatsfalco: nope, there are 5 distinct and significant angles

This is now the iconic statement sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft unites with Unity   Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:10 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:
Gaming is alive.
No idea what the topic's about but this last line was beautiful.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : Surberous

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft unites with Unity   Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:35 pm

Microsoft is shit and ruins everything they come in contact with.
Water is still green and grass is still wet.
Rip Minecraft.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft unites with Unity   Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:42 am

I personally wouldn't mind too much about resolution, although saying out loud "yeah the system can run it better but we choose not to just to avoid baby fights" is kind of a dick move. And I doth quote Boogie2988, "optimizing the game for the lowest console on all platforms may be good for the producer, but certainly not for the consumer."

Also, am I the only one more concerned about the 30 FPS thing rather than the resolution? I know it's a console thing to only be able to run at 30 FPS, but I mean really, if we take Ubisoft's words literally, that means the PC version will also be locked to 30 FPS as well. Besides, it still would be nice if they did manage to get either console over 30 FPS; it's just a terrible frame rate and it can make any great game feel stiff (remember Far Cry 3 on console).

Anyhow, if you need some fuel concerning the topic, then here you go.

EW: also wtf does SJW stand for? Stupid Jealous Woman?
Ryuuji Takasu: looks cute. but cute sounds girly. so ill say kawaii
Lesbihonest: damn kimo you have the sexiest male voice ive ever heard o.o
Rika Furude: no, that wasnt ripped from the Bible or something, it's one of Rika Furude's poems in Higurashi. Deep ****.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft unites with Unity   Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:20 am

By the way, they also announced it won't be coming to Wii U, because the system couldn't handle it. Strange, Xbone couldn't handle the PS4 version either but their response there was quite different... I'm sure there is an honest, consumer friendly reason for all of that.

Anyways, yeah I prefer framerate over resolution given the choice, but since this is about the console war, console fanboys usually don't know any better. I mean, hey, AC Unity is now quite a "cinematic" experience.

And ofc it will be locked to 30 on PC, don't you remember Watch_doges?

I was never one for power on consoles, but to think that because the power obsessed ps and xbox are underpowered this gen games now have to be ruined down to their standards to sweep their potatoness under the rag...

The CPU excuse is most likely PR crap. As those of you who are into PC gaming probably know, in games we are at the point where top end CPUs are redundant and are for other, more intensive tasks. I think it was Ubisoft as well last time that used the 'AI' excuse, saying that graphics are reduced to "add more AI" as if graphics processing and simple mob AI are comparable in CPU intensity (when properly optimized of course, maybe they just can't program AI). It's so that people will not just condemn the Xbone because of the bogus CPU doubt.

Quote :
25 Jun 17, 02:12
J.J. Knight: Every homebrew, at least the good ones, are made by people who've played the game for a few years.

Quote :
marthbeatsfalco: nope, there are 5 distinct and significant angles

This is now the iconic statement sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ubisoft unites with Unity   

Back to top Go down

Ubisoft unites with Unity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum