AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Kimo Force

PostSubject: Good Guy SEGA + EA + Mojang   Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:56 am

https://www.humblebundle.com/

So despite my own personal quarrel with SEGA running Sonic into the ground more and more, as well as their many incredible games which they ended up killing (Shenmue, nearly killed Bayonetta too), and their other incredible games which they refuse to localize, I still can't let this little offer go.

If you're unfamiliar with Humble Bundle, it's basically "pay what you want", with a minimum of $1 to get the minimum offers. If you go over certain price points, you'll get bonus content.

Normally, most of the best games were kept at either the Average (ranges between $3-$5) or $12 marks, so I always ignored these offers. This time, however, the selections that I'm really into do fall in the minimum category. These games involve Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing Transformed, Sonic Adventure, Nights Into Dreams, Crazy Taxi, some fishing game, and Space Channel 5.

Personally, Sega Racing alone at $1 is a steal. It's the closest thing you'll get to Mario Kart that isn't Mario Kart. Sonic Adventure in my opinion is the best 3D Sonic game to date (Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations are right behind), despite it being a little bit outdated. Nights Into Dreams I hear was a pretty good yet underrated SEGA game, so it's worth looking into. Crazy Taxi is too popular for it to need an introduction.

If you're into Strategy games, you might want to consider going over some of the price marks. At the average mark, you have Empire: Total War and Company of Heroes 2, both of which are great games in their own respect. There's also the chance of more games to pop up for that price mark too. At $12, you get Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai. No idea if that's a good price for it or not.

The offer should end in 13 days, so you've got some time until then. In the meantime, fill up your wallets with, well, $1, and go ahead and snatch that offer. Or just ask someone nicely to do it for you. I mean, it's just $1.

EDIT: That being said, think I'll highlight another company's sale too, this time being EA.

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/buy/titanfall/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

Titanfall is for 10 euros on the site, which is weird since from what I heard, it was for $5. Maybe there's a coupon somewhere, not sure.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/2nhl06/origin_titanfall_standard_edition_49975_off/

Welp. Reddit confirmed that it's $5 for the US, 7.50 Pounds Sterling for the UK, and 10 euros for everywhere else. Good job, EA. Good job. Anyways, if you're interested, just use a VPN for the US or Mexico and buy the thing for $5 like that one Redditer said. So about Titanfall, well, while the gameplay was very exciting, it turned up to be an incredibly bare-boned video-game. Now don't get me wrong; it's still impressive. It's just that the starting price for it couldn't be justified over the content made available. At $5 though, I would definitely recommend it. If you want more ideas concerning Titanfall, go ask our boy Reikan.

EDIT 2: One last thing I need to promote.

Battleblock Theater is for $1.5! This is only for two days, so you better damn well make use of that offer. If you're unfamiliar, Battleblock Theater is a fun platformer by the same people who made Castle Crashers. Now as someone who has played it, it is indeed a very good game. The $1.5 is a steal, so be sure to grab that while you still can.

EW: also wtf does SJW stand for? Stupid Jealous Woman?
Ryuuji Takasu: looks cute. but cute sounds girly. so ill say kawaii
Lesbihonest: damn kimo you have the sexiest male voice ive ever heard o.o
Rika Furude: no, that wasnt ripped from the Bible or something, it's one of Rika Furude's poems in Higurashi. Deep ****.

Last edited by Kimo Force on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sukkito
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Sukkito

PostSubject: Re: Good Guy SEGA + EA + Mojang   Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:36 am

I don't get Humblebundle, you like pay 3.5 $ to get the whole pack or just one item from it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

PostSubject: Re: Good Guy SEGA + EA + Mojang   Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:54 am

A minimum of $1 for all the games. You pay more for more stuff since there is an average and a $12 price mark. The games which belong to the higher price marks are under the "Pay X or more to unlock" titles. Any questions?

Rika Furude: no, that wasnt ripped from the Bible or something, it's one of Rika Furude's poems in Higurashi. Deep ****.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sukkito
WDA Member
WDA Member

PostSubject: Re: Good Guy SEGA + EA + Mojang   Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:02 am

Kimo Force wrote:
A minimum of $1 for all the games. You pay more for more stuff since there is an average and a $12 price mark. The games which belong to the higher price marks are under the "Pay X or more to unlock" titles. Any questions?
Oh I see, that's a nice way to get bunch of games at once. Thanks for the info, I might get it for Total War stuff...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

PostSubject: Re: Good Guy SEGA + EA + Mojang   Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:06 am

Space Channel 5 so underappricated. 90% of my steam games are from Humblebundles and this is definitely one of the better ones. Doesn't feel like there's a reason to spend more then a dollar unless you like the Total War games or they add more things that makes it worthwhile. Too many bundles have sucked recently at the dollar mark so this is pretty great.

Battleblock 100x better with a friend, thought I'd add that.

I'm trying a Youtube thing! https://www.youtube.com/user/BearOnStilts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

PostSubject: Re: Good Guy SEGA + EA + Mojang   Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:20 pm

https://www.humblebundle.com/gamesagainstebola

So here's another Humble Bundle currently available. Basically, you have several companies working on a charity event where they are to make a game within 96 hours.

Here's the list of all the developers involved:

Grapefrukt - rymdkapsel
Mojang - Minecraft
Ludosity - Ittle Dew, Card City Nights and other
Coffee Stain Studios - Goat Simulator and Sanctum Series
Glitchnap - Laza Knitez and Try Harder
SLMN - ???

You don't get these games unfortunately, but you do get I think 9 games which are being made during the event. If you're interested, give it a shot. After all, you can still pay as little as $1. At least I think you can.

Bear in mind that this is mostly a charity event, so your money is going out to help a good cause. If you aren't really interested in the charity, you can still get all these games for a low low price.

EDIT: I managed to get the custom transaction down to $0.01. Not sure if you can actually pay that much since I never completed said transaction.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sukkito
WDA Member
WDA Member

PostSubject: Re: Good Guy SEGA + EA + Mojang   Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:47 pm

I'm going to block my PC from getting to HumbleBundle, got the pack for 3.72$ it's so tempting to donate errr.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

PostSubject: Re: Good Guy SEGA + EA + Mojang   Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:13 pm

Sukkito wrote:
I'm going to block my PC from getting to HumbleBundle, got the pack for 3.72$ it's so tempting to donate errr.

Sweet. Maybe we could race with one another on Steam. Cause of Sonic racing and stuff. As soon as I get it that is.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sukkito
WDA Member
WDA Member

PostSubject: Re: Good Guy SEGA + EA + Mojang   Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:02 am

I barely meet the minimal requirements for it tho, maybe I can play it in Window mode...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Good Guy SEGA + EA + Mojang   Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:24 am

OMG, does that mean you get to get games that the developers with some of the most badly optimized games ever get to make within 4 days?! That's incredible!

Of course I have nothing against charity (for the right causes ofc), but games wise, I am against the idea of game jams. Games take time, making something within a ridiculous time constraint is nonsensical.

Quote :
25 Jun 17, 02:12
J.J. Knight: Every homebrew, at least the good ones, are made by people who've played the game for a few years.

Quote :
marthbeatsfalco: nope, there are 5 distinct and significant angles

This is now the iconic statement sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

PostSubject: Re: Good Guy SEGA + EA + Mojang   Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:35 am

Meh. Originally thought it was an offer for $1 Minecraft then realized thatvit wasn't so I had to change the text. Blame me.

Either way, what do you think of the SEGA, EA, and Battleblock offers though? Since they are the main stuff.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Good Guy SEGA + EA + Mojang   Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:42 am

I got the sega one since it also had the Dreamcast stuff, battleblock I didn't intend to get in the last sale and don't now, maybe in christmass sales. With titanfall I have two issues, risking to change my IP is one of them, the other is that it's DLC bait, because it has map packs, so unless you want to be split off from the community, you have to buy the DLC as well, which sucks, f*** DLC.

Quote :
25 Jun 17, 02:12
J.J. Knight: Every homebrew, at least the good ones, are made by people who've played the game for a few years.

Quote :
marthbeatsfalco: nope, there are 5 distinct and significant angles

This is now the iconic statement sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Guy SEGA + EA + Mojang   

Back to top Go down

Good Guy SEGA + EA + Mojang
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum