Share | 

Childhood Shows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nourno Nouriko nor
Chaos Goddess
 Chaos Goddess

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : Nour Force. She was pretty cool.

PostSubject: Childhood Shows   Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:44 am

What were some of your favorite cartoons you've watched as a child? c:

Good luck finding out who gave me this signature!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldduelingacademy.com
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Shows   Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40 am

I used to watch everything on Cartoon Network (think it was British CN at the time) except for Cow and Chicken cause it was so stupid it hurt. Kept watching until I turned 12 or something. Glad I stopped then before I got to see the butchering of one of my favorite childhood channels ever, not to mention that they swapped out the Enlgish audio with Arabic dubs, which was an immediate turn off for me. Also watched a lot of Disney, though I ignored a lot of shows mostly because their dubs were just so awful (Kim Possible being top contender. I would love to watch the show, but in Arabic dub? Screw that noise). If I had to list my favorite shows in order for both channels, here:

Cartoon Network: The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Dexter's Labratory, The Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Ben 10 (it was cool when it first started, don't judge me)
Disney cartoons: Fairly Oddparents (the one show that I have absolutely no problems rewatching out of this list), Timon and Pumba (one of the rare shows where the Arabic dub is superior), Brandy and Mr. Whiskers (same as Timon and Pumba), That's So Raven (sitcoms were in English thank god), and Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

When I was in the UK, I watched a lot of the 90's Spider-Man, X-Men, and Batman cartoons. Also Batman Beyond (which I still think is pretty kickass), the Disney toon classics, and the newer Mickey Mouse episodes including House of Mouse (which was the newer episodes with stupid filler in between, although the cameos were very nice). Sadly none of these were available when I moved back to Egypt.

Boomerang was a thing that I loved but it only showed up in my childhood during rare instances when the cable people decided to put it in. Would watch everything on that, with Scooby Doo and Wacky Racers being my favorite shows. Shame Popeye stopped airing around the time it was made available, because I love Popeye.

My all-time favorite nostalgic cartoon though?

The one show where I could watch a million reruns of the same episode and still never get bored. At least for the old classic ones. Some of the newer classics were kinda odd, and I haven't seen any of the new ones though I hear they toned down the violence greatly which is why I'm not interested. Yankee Doodle Mouse and the one with the cowboys were my favorite episodes, though I don't remember all the other episodes all that much which is probably why.

Oh yeah, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Not the classic one though since it never aired; this one:

It was pretty good. The only good thing 4kids ever did. That and making Dan Green voice Yami Yugi. Arabic dub for TMNT was a load of bollox, but it still didn't stop me from watching.

Also we had Space Toon which ran old anime, and later MBC3 which had a mix of cartoons and anime. Lots of very odd choices were available. I dissed a lot of them, but my faves were Bakusō Kyōdai Let's & Go!!, Beyblade, and Yu-Gi-Oh!. Detective Conan was a thing but I didn't watch that because I hated the Arabic theme song so much; so cringe-worthy. There was also Pokemon on a channel called ART Kids that disappeared all of a sudden. Shame though. Digimon barely ever ran, and if it did, it was way too early in the morning for me to be able to catch it. Also the episodes that ran were that of season 3, which is why it's my favorite season. It's the only one I ever got to watch. Also, if you thought any of these shows had bad English dubs, wait till you see the Arabic ones.

Not including Spectacular Spider-Man, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Avatar: The Last Airbender, nor Legend of Korra since I watched those when I was older.

EW: also wtf does SJW stand for? Stupid Jealous Woman?
Ryuuji Takasu: looks cute. but cute sounds girly. so ill say kawaii
Lesbihonest: damn kimo you have the sexiest male voice ive ever heard o.o
Rika Furude: no, that wasnt ripped from the Bible or something, it's one of Rika Furude's poems in Higurashi. Deep ****.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : Surberous

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Shows   Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:38 am

Basically everything Kimo said but without the whole Egyptian dub issues.
Spoiler:

Except I have the pleasure of adding Kids WB and (slightly less fortunate) 4Kids TV. Commonly referred to as (Saturday Morning Cartoons) in the states.

Cartoon Network and Nick took up most of my time, I rarely ever cared for Disney channel as most of the shows were a bit too girly for me. If I had to pick shows that basically composed my childhood then it would be Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Static Shock, and Pokemon.
Saturday morning cartoons consisted of typical children anime like Yugioh, Pokemon, Digimon, One Piece, and Shaman King. Tokyo Mewmew was a guilty pleasure of mine. And then the childhood favorites like Sonic X, TNMNT, Chaotic, and maybe Winx club but if you tell anyone i will deny it.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Shows   Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Spoiler:

All this shit right here, muh childhood, hits me in the feels whenever I think of them. This country localizes the good stuff, including keeping the Japanese OP as well. God, These are all great.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier

Achievement Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Shows   Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:41 pm

Oh my Arceus, the list of cartoons I watched as a kid is enormous. First, let me make something clear; when I was young, I didn't have a TV. I'd watch TV when I was at a friends hows, which would be cartoons like Tom and Jerry and other older shows like that. Looney Tunes and such. I didn't start watching TV frequently till maybe about seven, or whenever Toonami was a thing.

The first 'cartoon' I watched was Dragon Ball Z. I know it's an anime, but to me, it was a cartoon. Of course, I also watched Pokemon and Sailor Moon because I was forced to watch it first before DBZ. I watched Yu-Gi-Oh until it got stupid and quit in GX. Also watched shows like Simpsons, Cow and Chicken, Space Ghost, Family Guy, and Beevus and Butthead, and InuYasha if I stayed up late enough.

On Saturday mornings I'd watch Digimon, but got turned off to that because of the aweful puns. Also watched Godzilla, Spiderman, and one of my all time favorites, Batman. I also started to get into the 'newer' cartoons of Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Kids Next Door, Dexter's Lab, Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, The Fairly Odd Parents, Spongebob, etc.

It was about the time Death Note came out when I started branching out into anime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Shows   Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:49 pm

I decided to cut it down to my top 5 in no order. (With no explanation)

Popeye the Sailor Man
Tom and Jerry
Batman/Superman the Animated Series (Two different show but fuck it I put them together)
Dragon Ball Z
Yu-Gi-Oh

If this would have also had non-cartoons I'd have Between the Lions / Zoboomafoo / Thomas the Tank Engine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Shows   

Back to top Go down

Childhood Shows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Off-Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: