View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Before I disappear completely   Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:21 pm

Alright, I'll bite. I'd better make a proper final goodbye post before the eventful day that I either log out, and never log back in, or log back in, and everybody else has logged out and gone.

I apologize for my disappearing so suddenly. University was more hectic than I could ever have dreamed, my mental health suffered for it, but I've already done things I've never thought I could do, and I think a large part of that is because of things I've learned here.

However, my now virtually non-existent presence on this forum, I believe, should be drawn to as neat a close as possible. I've grown up here, matured here, and seen a bunch of you grow up and mature as well. It's been pretty fun. I've been here for years, and years, and years, made some friends that I honestly think I would trust over a lot of the people I'm close to in real life, and learned more than I think I'll ever learn from any one thing ever again. There are too many of you to mention specifically, but I'll make some effort to mention the ones that stick out clearly in my brain and memories:
Al, having taught me pretty much everything about how I run things, and for pushing into my brain that unbiased rationality is at the heart of every decision, and demonstrating that a clear head is behind every good leader
Kimo, for teaching me that personal charisma, likeability, and moral purity will always make you a well-liked person, and will keep you popular and loved even when you have to be swinging the banhammer
Supas + Nour, for giving me faith in the younger generations that they weren't all as goddamn stupid as EW or as goddamn bad at writing as Karin
EW, for being a constant source of amusement to me
Danna, for being a constant source of almost singly name-based confusion to me
JJ, for being such a unique intellect that you single-handedly refreshed the constant bombardment of anime culture running through this forum, and for being with me as a writer so that I didn't feel totally out of place.
Edit: I'm also going to thank Ali, for being another constant face in the crowd of friends, and, significantly enough, for trying to solve my WOTD with Danna so I could laugh at you one last time.
And finally, all the admins, Rjuto, Minako, hell even the bad ones, Ryski, Joker, and UP, for sticking together and keeping this tiny tiny digital island afloat for long enough for me to take part in it too.
And all the community, the countless people, all different, all unique, for making it such a fucking weird and wonderful place it is. Back then every day was a new day, friends were plentiful and could be made from a single interaction on a small forum like this.

I mean, the site as a whole has actually helped me in more ways than you can even imagine. Loneliness is something I cannot stand, and if it weren't for all the nights I'd spend fucking around dueling you guys, mocking you on the chatbox and making WOTDs, freaking out over all of the minor forum drama that would happen, I would be a much less interesting, much more depressed, and much less experienced person.
I just hope you've enjoyed my presence as much as I've enjoyed all of yours'.

Keep this place going if you can, and if you can't, at least keep the group of friends you have going. Because what you guys have, what we have in this site, is special, you can't find it too easily out there in the adult world full of responsibility and seriousness and Jane from marketing and all of her corporate bullshit on why she's vegan.

I'd like to keep in contact with you guys, as much as you'd like as well. If you want my facebook, just ask, my steam was posted around here a while ago as well, but if you want that again, just ask.
For any of you, literally any of you, I'll always be here to talk to if you message me, for a chat, if you want help, or if you just want somebody to masochistically proof read all of your shitty, shitty fanfiction like I used to.
I'll still be around occasionally, but I probably won't be around often.
Good luck.
Seeya.

❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔️ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Before I disappear completely   Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Thanks for your hard work. Started university a while ago myself, it sucks. I don't want to feel things on Sundays but this was nice, for the lack of willingness to be more specific with my descriptors. We'll really always be here in some way, shape or form. Maybe not here but somewhere on the internet.

Poor EW.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Before I disappear completely   Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:40 pm

Thanks for everything fish, see ya around.

Spoiler:

HAI DD-KUN!(Nourii-chan was here)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leviera
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : EarlS

PostSubject: Re: Before I disappear completely   Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:59 pm

We will miss you fish, gl with stuff in life.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.google.com/
Nour Force
Chaos Goddess
 Chaos Goddess

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : Nitocris! Can we replace Juri for Nito?

PostSubject: Re: Before I disappear completely   Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:11 pm

Thank you for everything you've done and thank you for not disappearing completely.
Will be sure to stalk you on Steam

No, please, stop, you're not allowed to talk about my graphics skills! (or lack thereof)

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldduelingacademy.com
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Before I disappear completely   Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:36 pm

I guess everyone leaves at some point (except me), which sounds like the healthy thing to do.
I wish you luck in what you'll be doing. University can be really tough, but its issues are always solvable.
It became obvious ever since we started thinning out, how rare people who are responsible and trustworthy are, so I have to thank you for having been that responsible trustworthy person who was willing to work with us on this silly thing.
Oh, and if you are proofreading shitty fanfics, I'll be sure to send one your way if I ever find the time to waste on one.

Quote :
25 Jun 17, 02:12
J.J. Knight: Every homebrew, at least the good ones, are made by people who've played the game for a few years.

Quote :
marthbeatsfalco: nope, there are 5 distinct and significant angles

This is now the iconic statement sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

PostSubject: Re: Before I disappear completely   Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:54 am

So long and thanks for all the Fish? :'D

I'd say no one ACTUALLY leaves and you'll be back once in a blue moon like me but uhhh... I wouldn't consider that wishing you luck. So best of luck in whatever you do? Yea, I like that. We'll stick with that.

I'm trying a Youtube thing! https://www.youtube.com/user/BearOnStilts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nour Force
Chaos Goddess
 Chaos Goddess

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : Nitocris! Can we replace Juri for Nito?

PostSubject: Re: Before I disappear completely   Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:23 pm

Kitouski wrote:
So long and thanks for all the Fish? :'D

I'd say no one ACTUALLY leaves and you'll be back once in a blue moon like me but uhhh... I wouldn't consider that wishing you luck. So best of luck in whatever you do? Yea, I like that. We'll stick with that.
Then I guess I'll post one of Fish's favorite songs!!!

No, please, stop, you're not allowed to talk about my graphics skills! (or lack thereof)

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.worldduelingacademy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before I disappear completely   

Back to top Go down

Before I disappear completely
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Rules and Support :: Intros :: Farewells/Temporary Leaves-
Jump to: