View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

PostSubject: Literally Lost and Lonely   Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:30 am

For a handful of reasons I'm gonna boot off a new campaign (unless there's actually a serious outcry to continue with what we were doing) and I want to get a headcount for who would be interested and what sort of schedules we're working with... so consider this a call for a new campaign.

As per usual I tend to make more RP heavy campaigns and that will always be the case so who your character is and how they relate to the other players is as important as how your character plays in combat. I'm playing with an overarching plot in my head to keep things slightly more together but intend to keep the same "loose" feeling I did before.

MOSTLY the same house rules from the previous campaign would apply which is;

- I'm incredibly flexible with backgrounds and encourage you to make up your own. Decide your character, what fits and then own that background I say but you're still free to just take one from the book. I'll allow homebrew races within reason (run them by me) but this time I won't allow homebrew classes... probably? Talk to me about it.
- Variant human with a starting feat must be ran by me and expect a lot of "good" choices to be shot down; if the feat is for flavor and/or fun it is more likely to be allowed.
- multiclassing is allowed but requires an expert from the class to learn from. Under very rare circumstances will I break this requirement.
- Thea and crit fumbles I don't do.

I can have a session ready to go by 20~22nd depending on what day people are available.

What was previously the post:
Spoiler:

I'm trying a Youtube thing! https://www.youtube.com/user/BearOnStilts

Last edited by Kitouski on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:09 am

The time gap doesn't really matter, and we can just kill off nour I guess. My only issue with that will be our (complete lack of) emotional response to the event because that's how we've been playing it, but that can't be helped, that's a player issue.

Quote :
25 Jun 17, 02:12
J.J. Knight: Every homebrew, at least the good ones, are made by people who've played the game for a few years.

Quote :
marthbeatsfalco: nope, there are 5 distinct and significant angles

This is now the iconic statement sig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:59 am

I figured it out. We could ditch everything and I could run a MAID campaign. That's what everyone wants right?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:36 pm

sure

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:35 am

For a handful of reasons I'm gonna boot off a new campaign (unless there's actually a serious outcry to continue with what we were doing) and I want to get a headcount for who would be interested and what sort of schedules we're working with... so consider this a call for a new campaign.

As per usual I tend to make more RP heavy campaigns and that will always be the case so who your character is and how they relate to the other players is as important as how your character plays in combat. I'm playing with an overarching plot in my head to keep things slightly more together but intend to keep the same "loose" feeling I did before.

MOSTLY the same house rules from the previous campaign would apply which is;

- I'm incredibly flexible with backgrounds and encourage you to make up your own. Decide your character, what fits and then own that background I say but you're still free to just take one from the book. I'll allow homebrew races within reason (run them by me) but this time I won't allow homebrew classes... probably? Talk to me about it.
- Variant human with a starting feat must be ran by me and expect a lot of "good" choices to be shot down; if the feat is for flavor and/or fun it is more likely to be allowed.
- multiclassing is allowed but requires an expert from the class to learn from. Under very rare circumstances will I break this requirement.
- Thea and crit fumbles I don't do.

I can have a session ready to go by 20~22nd depending on what day people are available.

I'm also going to edit the first post of this thread to make this basically the new campaign thread.

Last edited by Kitouski on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:31 pm

i'm free on (my) thursdays and weekends all day. if its evening or night time when we play(my time) then wednesday's also fine.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior

Achievement Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:29 pm

I'm free from 3am central time to about 6pm on work days, otherwise gaming on thursday, friday are my days off. Holiday season is fast approaching and this might change, will keep you posted. It is a shame to no longer be able to play Makoto as a heroic spirit class but as a class it was messy anyway. So yeah i'm game for a reboot, though you also know about my desire to try to DM but honestly i just really want to play the one game idea i have so to be fair and because of the reason above i can't exactly expect everyone to wait until January so bring in the new game!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:27 pm

I'm gonna roll out new character sheets in our roll20 page in a little bit but also just to add... I'd be completely fine with starting characters at Level 3 since we all know the first couple levels is just slap things forever and it was an idea I was playing with. Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:16 am

I'm fine with the level 3 start, not sure about everyone else.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier

Achievement Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:56 pm

Depending on the day, I can join. My schedule "floats" with me being 4 on, 4 off. And I'm okay starting at Lv. 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:36 pm

So I'll make this official, we'll be starting at level 3 as to bypass the slap stuff beginnings without me having to shovel experience and make it weird. Also, a bit of a copypaste but we'll be doing stats the same way as last time.

We'll be deciding stats using the point-buy system.

http://chicken-dinner.com/5e/5e-point-buy.html

You'll want to change your maximum points to 30 instead of 27 within the "house rules" tab. From there you can select how many of what stats you want, essentially "buying" them. Stats are to be between 8 and 15 but ONE stat can be lower and ONE stat can be higher, 6 being the lowest and 18 being the max. You can change the maximum and minimum in house rules as well so you can properly tell how many points you earn going lower than 8 and the costs past 15.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:29 pm

I'm not 100% sure I'll actually do this but I might as well ask, can I be variant human with the feat 'Skilled' which gives me proficiency with 3 skills or tools?

Spoiler:

HAI DD-KUN!(Nourii-chan was here)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Alibaba wrote:
I'm not 100% sure I'll actually do this but I might as well ask, can I be variant human with the feat 'Skilled' which gives me proficiency with 3 skills or tools?
I'd be completely fine with this if you went that route.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier

Achievement Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Can you give me your Roll 20 game link please? I don't have it anymore. Also, do you want us to post our characters here, or privately?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:21 pm

J.J. Knight wrote:
Can you give me your Roll 20 game link please? I don't have it anymore. Also, do you want us to post our characters here, or privately?

https://app.roll20.net/join/2121081/d-c3eQ

I already have character sheets for everyone there that everyone can add themselves, but this roll20 doesn't seem to remember you as a member so I'll have to add it for you after you join the link and remind it that you were.

EDIT: Also because it was asked before and I was wishy washy then, I'll stick my decision here. You can multiclass immediately, even within your first 3 levels. This means you can start as a 1 Fighter/2 Warlock if you so desired, or any combination of. You must be able to explain why this is the case within your backstory and I'd like for you to give me a heads up with the explaination if you make this choice. This also doesn't change any of the other multiclassing rules laid out; the total level cap is 20 and you still need to find someone within the profession or circumstances to multiclass into a new class from there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:15 pm

Just to make sure, our items/money are just basic starting stuff right?
And the group met before the start of the campaign?

Spoiler:

HAI DD-KUN!(Nourii-chan was here)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:09 am

Alibaba wrote:
Just to make sure, our items/money are just basic starting stuff right?
And the group met before the start of the campaign?

Yes to both of these things, minus if someone wanted something specific as part of their background.

EDIT: Even if we got everyone's character's wrapped up on time somehow, I don't think I'll be able to start this weekend as I have something going on for half of it and I don't want to have something rushed woven somewhere in there, so just throwing that out there for those who are wondering how long is this going to get pushed back when we'll start.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:26 am

The second job keeps scheduling me when I told them not to so unable to dnd this game unless it's on a non-Saturday. So yeah.

Edit: Early morning might work out if it has to be Saturday but yeah otherwise no go here.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Literally Lost and Lonely   

Back to top Go down

Literally Lost and Lonely
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Creative :: Roleplaying Section :: Dungeons and Dragons-
Jump to: